Tuesday 22 February 2011

Day 7 - 15th October 2010

I receive a letter from the Surveyor enclosing a copy of his report and telling me that if he does not receive confirmation that the repairs have been completed by the 10th November he will assume I no longer wish to proceed.

I arrange for two separate plumbers to come round to give me a quote for fixing the shower.  Both tell me that the shower cannot be fixed from the front and that the stud wall will need to be broken into in order to be able to access the shower unit and repair it.  Without any prompting from me, both tell me that before fixing the shower it would be sensible to lift the shower tray up to check the condition of the floorboards and joists. In addition they tell me that the leak will have compromised the tile adhesive and that whilst the tiles might not fall off the stud wall straight away, they are extremely likely to do so at some point in the near future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment