Tuesday 22 February 2011

Day 69 - 16th December 2010

I receive a call from a customer relations manager at Aviva.  For narrative purposes I will call him mark. I’m a bit surprised that I’m insured with Aviva rather than Barclays.  It seems that Barclays merely act as agents rather than underwriters.  Mark is ringing to let me know that I shouldn’t get my hopes up about the offer of 50% towards the tiling being increased as this is not going to happen. He tells me this is an Industry standard that is adopted and is backed by the Ombudsman.  He doesn’t put it quite so bluntly but he basically tells me that there really isn’t any point referring to the Ombudsman as he will find in the Insurance Companies favour.  He goes on to say that the Ombudsman cannot change his decision just for my particular case as it would be setting a precedent for all future claims and would also cast doubt on previous judgements made.  I ask where in my policy it tells me I am not covered. Mark tells me that he will confirm today’s discussion in writing and will review the case in full in due course. He advises that he will include in the letter where in my policy it tells me that I am not covered for the undamaged tiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment