Tuesday 22 February 2011

Day 46- 23rd November 2010

I ring Safeguard again.  Still the person I need to speak to isn’t in.  I ask if anyone else can help and am put through to someone who looks up my case notes and tells me that they are waiting to hear from me with choices of floor tiles/wall tiles and wall paper. I start to feel a little annoyed.  No one told me that this was what was holding up the process. I ask about the tiles that were supposed to have been kept for re-use. She tells me she doesn’t know anything about that.  I ask her what allowance she has in her notes for the wallpaper.  She tells me £7 a roll.  I advise her that Asprea have agreed to increase it to £11 a roll as I hadn’t been able to find anything for £7.  She tells me she would need to veryify this with Asprea.  I tell her that I had discussed with someone at their office previously, the possibility of skimming the lounge and painting it instead.  She tells me I need to speak to the Contracts Manager about this.  I tell her I know that I do and that he was supposed to have rung me to discuss it but didn’t. I ask if I can speak to him now.  She tells me he’s not there but will arrange for him to ring me back.  I tell her about my mother coming to stay for Christmas and stress that I really need to speak to him today.  She promises that he will ring me later in the day.  Again, despite staying by the phone for the rest of the day, I don’t receive a return call.

No comments:

Post a Comment