Tuesday 22 February 2011

Day 26 - 3rd November 2010

Asprea ring me to make sure that I have heard from Rainbow about installing the drier.  I confirm that they have been in touch and that it’s all arranged.  I take the opportunity to raise concerns about the allowance that has been given for replacing the wall paper in the lounge.  I have been out to look at wallpaper recently and have not been able to find anything other than very poor quality/basic lining paper for £7 a roll.  Straight away I am told that they will authorise the allowance to be increased to £11 +VAT a roll which should enable me to find something.  I feel slightly better until I carry out an assessment of wall paper for sale on the Homebase website.  They have 410 wallpapers to choose from.  The average cost is £14.30 a roll – a considerable amount more than the allowance I have been given. Less than a quarter of the wallpapers on sale fall into the price range I have been given.  The most common price for a roll of wall paper is £16.99.  I note that had I stuck with the original price allocated of £7 a roll there are just 14 wallpapers for me to chose from, representing less than 4% of the total wall papers on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment